New Member Auditions
WOW is inviting young performers aged 10 to 18 to audition to join WOW this May.
Being involved in a WOW production is a huge commitment, not just for the young performers but also for their parents or carers. Please only start the process if you are confident you can match the commitment outlined below and in our Expectations Summary.
Everyone wishing to audition will need to be able to attend the audition workshop to prepare for the auditions. Workshop participants will be taught up to three songs and a couple of dance routines. One song and one dance routine must be performed at the audition along with the applicant’s own choice of monologue, which lasts no longer than one minute.
- Audition Workshop – Sunday 28 April, 6.30pm to 8pm.
- Auditions – Sunday 5 May (pm – times TBC)
Following the auditions on Sunday 5 May, parents will be advised if their child has been selected by email and/or SMS message by Tuesday 7 May in order for their child to attend that evening’s music rehearsal, 6.30 to 9pm.
BEFORE APPLYING TO AUDITION, PLEASE NOTE:
- All children must be 10 or older by 5 May 2019 and bring to the audition a recent colour headshot (passport sized) for the Audition Form, which we ask to be completed before the auditions.
- In addition to a chaperone rota for rehearsals, we expect that parents will volunteer to help behind the scenes.
- Once confirmed as a member, there will be an annual membership fee of £130 due (this may be paid in one or two instalments) as well as a £30 production fee for the November production. (Please advise a committee member in confidence if these fees may present a barrier to participation.)
- Music rehearsal for the summer term will be on Sunday and Tuesday evenings, 6.30 to 9pm. (Not all of these will be full company.)
- From September, members need to be available for floor rehearsals on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday evenings.
- The decision of the audition panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into. We are also unable to give individual feedback.